Re: Pieces that would make good arrangements.

On Sun, 2 May 1999, martin wrote:

> Yes!  A piece that we tried looking for, but is not actually arranged
>for brass (as far as we know) is the theme music from Nick Parks
>"Wallace and
> Gromit".  Following enquiries I believe it is only available arranged for
> piano.

No! There is an arrangement of this by David Beal-we did it in the
university band last year. Can't remember who published it just at the
minute, but I can have a look if you want.
Also, I went to an organ recital today at which I heard a piece that I
thought would work really well for band- 'Four Extemporisations' by Percy
Whitlock (1903-46) (particularly the fanfare movement). No, I hadn't heard
of him either, but it's a cracking piece, if a bit hard. If I can find the
music, I'll get on and do it myself. There's a lot of modernish organ
stuff by people like Messiaen and Langlais that would work well, IMO.

Dave Taylor
University of Warwick band
Rolls-Royce (Coventry) band