Re: Australian Nationals

Glenn McGowan wrote:

> I agree.  Taped comments also free the adjudicator to concentrate on the music
> being performed instead of worrying if his writer got his comments.  They are
> much more informative for the competing bands too.

'Ere, 'Ere. I actually thought it was the norm for Aussie contests - I was surprised
to see different.

> For example, putting the solos on the Thursday before Easter was very unpopular.
> This is a normal working day for most.  .........

Agreed. I know I live in the bush but as a teacher I am unable to take the day prior
to holidays off. I left here on the 5pm flight Thursday night but couldn't get a
flight to Adelaide from Perth until 6am Friday morning.

How would they expect any WA band to cope with that should they have gone?

Come on committee people - this is a  big country - surely you have to give
people time to get there!!!

Monkey

PS - can you also make sure there is bar next time!!!