Re: 2nd section finals test and 1st

>Hi listers,
>
>I'm having trouble believing that 'Three Figures' has been selected as the
>2nd section Nationals test.
>
>WOW!!!!!! - good luck to all concerned!
>
>This has to be one of the most difficult test pieces ever written (for ANY
>grade). It was a British Open test in the early Eighties - very few bands
>made any sense of it on that occasion.

Absolutely right Steve. Cory played it 2 years ago and it is tough - flugel,
sop, solo cornet, euph. What about Salute to Youth 1st section also. Another
swine of a piece to play - I will look forward to hearing the cross rhythms
at the end of the thirs movement as I have never heard it right  yet -
including Dyke - they all end up on the beat.

Best of luck to all concerned - including me playing for Hyde in the 1st
section Finals.

Also in disbelief
Jeremy