Re: Australian Nationals

Hi All,
I have to agree with Glenn McGowan about the staging of the solos on the
Thursday.  I am in the same position as many others who simply cannot take
time off work to attend these events.  I would like to think that I had a
choice about entering the solos.

Also, I can see that having the Champion of Champions on the Friday night
was an interesting idea in some respects, but I did feel sorry for those
players involved.  I had wanted to go out and support a player from my band,
but was too tired and wanted to be awake enough to do a decent job in the
own choice the next day (not to mention having to set off bright and early
for the street march).
As it turned out, by the time our chap played I was fast asleep.  I know how
I was feeling during the own choice.  I can only begin to imagine how our
soloist was feeling.
Perhaps our National Band Council should begin turning their thoughts to a
standard contest schedule and procedures, rather than picking over the
details of what constitutes a "proper" march.  Glenn says that they had
tried to persuade the contest committee to arrange things in a different
manner.  Is the NBC toothless or what?
Regards,
Wendy Spencer