Three Figures

I remember recording this piece in 1992 for the Band of the Year CD with
Britannia.  I recall it being a particularly fiendish piece to put together,
with some very deceptive rhythms ( very much like Pageantry ). We recorded
it separately to the live performances to commemorate some anniversary of
Herbert Howells.  I too think that this piece may be a step too far for 2nd
section bands.  For the record, the CD is on the Doyen label and also
contains other major works including Comedy, Pageantry, Toccata Festivo
(Wilby) and the much underplayed (but perhaps understandedly!) Partita by
Wilfrid Heaton.

Andrew Cattanach BBb Bass, Freckleton Band (Britannia 1991-1993)