Re: Women in brass bands

David Sheedy wrote:

> A certain FEMALE playing colleague of mine has asked to ask other female
> players via the list whey there is the need for  handbags on the stage

Security - it's bad enough that it's been possible for instruments to be
nicked from contest venues, so small(ish) items like handbags are prime
targets for theft from changing rooms etc.

Also, don't forget that if the bags did get left off stage and subsequently
stolen, what would all you blokes do ....... my bag is normally 80% full of
all my husband's rubbish!! :-))

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-on-Sea Co-Operative Band