Reasons for cutting short performances

Hi all,

	Tonight we had our first performance of the season; a march through the
streets of St. Helier to the Royal Square, a mini concert and
marching/drum display, followed by a march back to the start. Half way
through our concert a nice police woman approached us and recommended we
get out of the square and (like the pied piper) take the crowd with us.
threat (the Princess Royal is in Jersey tonight at the Durrel Wildlife
Preservation Trust so it was taken quite seriously). Any one else got a
better excuse, <italic>perhaps on a lighter note</italic>, for getting
home early. It would be useful for our band news letter!

	Saturday we are doing a similar routine but this time escorting the
local Territorial Army for a parade in front of the Lt. Governor and an
army General. Hope we get to play all the way through that one!

	For further details and news of our events please see our home page, any
hoaxers please do not attend, ta. :-)

	I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Keith Berry

<italic>Press Officer

</italic>Band of the Island of Jersey, British Channel Islands.

</color></bigger>