International Tuba Day

As everyone knows, today marks International Tuba Day.
It's about time we stopped monkeying around with those silly bass trombone
jokes and got onto some serious Tuba anecdotes. After all, we tuba players
represent the vast majority of players in the brass band movement.

Now, for all those tuba smarties out there, these stories must satisfy two
criteria: they must be about tubas, from BB flat bass to flugal horn, and
above all they must be a true story.

I'll start the tuball rolling -

When Captain Oates left that blizzard-bound tent in the Antarctic in 1912
and said to Captain Scott; "I am just going outside and may be some time",
Scott ungratefully replied-
"Good. And take your  tuba with you!"

Darrall Cutting
Warringah Concert Brass