Re: handbags at dawn

BBB wrote:
>A certain FEMALE playing colleague of mine has asked to ask other female
>players via the list whey there is the need for handbags on the stage

OK, Sheeds, against my better judgement I'll give you my humble opinion!

There isn't really, if you can *ensure* security in the changing rooms/coach
etc, or dump your credit cards, keys and other valuables with a friend
during the performance.  The majority of women's band uniforms (nay, women's
clothes full stop!) don't have enough/big enough pockets to stow it all, and
anyway, it wouldn't fit with all the make-up, hairspray, spare tights,
washing up liquid, nappies for the kids and husbands' packed lunches we also
have to carry ;-) and wouldn't it all make an unsightly bulge in the
uniform?!

We had some credit cards taken from a changing room once.  Don't believe it
wouldn't happen to your band!

If it came to a straight choice between leaving a handbag unguarded off
stage, and lugging the thing on stage with me, I'm afraid the stage would
win.  However, it's not that difficult to leave the unnecessary stuff at
home and lock the rest away.  I generally try to fit everything in my
(sparse) pockets, or lock it up somewhere.

There.  That wasn't too controversial, was it?