New to the list

Hello to you all,
I have been 'lurking' on the list for several weeks and am enjoying the
varied subjects that are discussed.
I think it is time to introduce myself.
My name is Robin Weatherall, Englishman living in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
My Grandfather played Tenor Horn & Baritone in Buntingford Band 1907-14,
London & SE Coast Railway 1918-25, Crystal Palace 1926 -39, Croydon Borough
1945 until the late 50s. Hailsham and Eastbourne Silver in the 70s.
I played cornet in Croydon Borough, Crystal Palace and NYBB during the 50s
switched to percussion at Guildhall School of Music & Drama and played for
the Royal Shakespeare Co & London Orchestras 1964-79. Also continued playing
cornet with Bretforton, Shipston Town and Eastbourne as a hobby.
Moved to USA in 1979 and have played with Omaha, Dallas & St. Louis Symphony
Orchestras.
Brass Bands are a rarity over her so in desperation I started one with a
friend last October, The Saint Louis Brass Band. It has proved to be very
successful and the public love it. We won 1st place in the Challenge Section
of the North American Brass Band Association Competition in Chicago 2 weeks
ago and we are still over the moon about it.
If there is anyone out there who knows me, or knew my Grandfather Vic
Howard, I would love to hear from them.
Many thanks to Steve Sykes for both his adjudication and great playing in
Chicago. He truly is a larger than life personality.
We have one other Englishman on the band, Euphonium player Jeff Binns, who
played with Darwen Silver, Woodfalls and Jaguar (City of Coventry).

Regards
Robin Weatherall
Manager & Tenor Horn
Saint Louis Brass Band