BBb Tubas and marching

I have a front valve soverign BBb Tuba and provided it doesn't rain, I
will be forced to march at the NZ National contest in Auckland. Are
there any other "short-ar.." BBb tuba players who have had to solve the
problem of keeping a contantly moving gobiron in touch with their lip
while marching. I am using an over the shoulder strap but I cannot get
the tuba high enough to avoid hitting the bottom bow with my thigh. I
look forward to any thoughts on this.

A very reluctant marcher!!!!!
Peter Estall
Concept Brass, Papakura NZ