993 BBb Tuba

> A very reluctant marcher!!!!!
> Peter Estall
> Concept Brass, Papakura NZ

Peter

You play a 993 Sovereign, the front action model. How does the sound,
intonation, clarity, ease of playing etc. compare to the 994 model.

I have recently acquired an 983 EEb front action tuba and love it! Sound,
clarity etc. is excellent! I currently play the 994 BBb in my band. If there
is really no difference between the 994 and 993, in the above aspects I
listed, then i'd love to have the front action 993.

Having an arm free to adjust the first and third slides has been a blessing!
Especially for the pedal register when the 4th valve is used in combination
with the others.

If anyone else has experience with either or both these BBb tubas, please
post them here if you don't mind. I've been debating with myself which BBb
tuba to buy and if the 983 is comparable to the 994, then i'll get it. Yeah,
there are Meinl Westons, Hirsbrunners (which i'd love to have too) but for
the sake of almost double the price for those, i'll take the 993.

I'm wrapped with the 983 EEb, please tell me about your experiences with the
993 BBb tuba.

Thank you! :-)

John Szkutko