Suggestions please?

Hi Nigel,
I was born in Co Durham and played with a few bands during my early
teenage years.
I left Durham when I was 19 and played with a few military bands but now
all I have are wonderful memories of great music and fellowship.
Because I left the UK at the age of 24 in 1957 I am somewhat behind
times in my Brass Band knowledge and would like to find someone from
east Durham to correspond with, regarding the old days.
I understand many of the bands I knew have since folded but the
remaining bands have  reached unbelievable levels of competency.
Could you help me find some old guy that wishes to reminisce about the
40s and 50s?
Last year in Penrith, I had the pleasure of listening to the Leyland
Brass Band and the whole affair was rejuvenating.
I look forward to more of the same but unfortunately there is very
little here of note in Western Canada but I would love someone to tell
me I'm wrong and direct me to real music again.
Sincerely
Bill Walker