Introduction, Andy Callard

Hello,
After lurking for a week or so I've decided it's time to let people know I'm
here and see if anyone remembers me. I originally come from Peterborough and
was a cornet pupil of David Read's in the '70s. I played with Peterborough
Band, Huntingdon and Peterborough Youth, March Railway, Ramsey Town, NYBB
and finally became solo cornet with Cambridge. In about 1974 (or 5?) I won
the NABBC junior solo championships of GB. I did a music degree at London
University (Goldsmiths') during which time I was in London Collegiate Brass
(with E. Gregson) and for about a year I played solo cornet for Newham
(during Ray Farr's time there). Since then (about 20 years) I have had the
dubious pleasure of earning a living from music as a freelance player in
London and have not been able to make a regular commitment to a band. I am
feeling increasingly nostalgic towards banding and have started to write
some arrangements, so watch this space!... and just to prove (chiefly to
myself!) that I can still do it I've put a little cornet audio clip on my
site at http://freespace.virgin.net/andy.callard/index.htm

Best wishes,

Andy Callard.