Melvin White (Was: Crawley "A" Section results)

Richard Barrett wrote:
> Is this the same Melvyn White who plays trombone and used to teach in
Harlow
> in Essex in the late 1970s?

The very same .... but his more notable involvement in the brass band
movement in recent years includes some reputable conducting positions -
Cory, BTM, Woodfalls, Aveley & Newham and now Redbridge and GUS, to name
but a few.

He's guest conductor at a concert of ours this coming weekend (8.00 pm,
Sunday 23 March, Princes Theatre, Clacton-On-Sea), and is putting us
through our paces with some excellent music, combined with some nice
'audience favourites'.  If you're interested in fuller details about the
concert, please email me privately, and I'll give you all the info.

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-on-Sea Co-Operative Band
E-Mail: c.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx