US Band wants to travel/exchange

In addition to performing with a brass band (Triangle
Brass Band in North Carolina), I also am involved with
a German-style (polka/waltz) band here in North Carolina.
We are the Little German Band & Dancers, a very spirited,
fun-loving group which performs 50 to 60 times per year,
most of it in the fall (when everyone wants to do an
Oktoberfest).  To learn more about us, please visit our
web page at:

http://prosit.org

This band likes to travel, and we usually plan a big trip
for ourselves every five years or so.  Our last trip was
in the fall of 1996 and we visited Binswangen, Deizisau
and Munich, Germany.  Normally we travel in the summertime,
but we were honored by an invitation to perform at the Munich
Oktoberfest, which takes place at the end of September
and early October, so we planned our trip for that timeframe.
Playing at the Oktoberfest was a blast, and we were very
well-received by the Germans.

With that accomplishment behind us, we are now looking
towards our next trip, which we would like to organize for
the summer of 2001.  Almost every trip the group has made
in the past which involved a flight across the ocean has
been spent in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.  Our trip
committee would like to plan a stop-over in England for
our next trip, and we are looking for a band or bands to
host us.  We would be bringing a group of about 30 to 40
people, some single, some families or couples.  We would
like to have a little time to visit and play tourist, but
we would also like to have a chance to perform.  We put
on a great party, if you have an event that needs a great
dancing/listening band, but we can also do a formal
concert.  Ideally, it would be great if there were a performing
opportunity that would pay some money which we could apply to
our travel expenses.

We also like to host groups, so if there is a band or bands
out there that wants to visit the U.S. in the next two
years, we are very amenable to planning this as an
exchange.  For what it's worth, in the past ten years we
have hosted the following groups:

The Sandwell Youth Band
Handharmonicka Club Deizisau
Blaskapelle Unterbrunn
Band of Binswangen

The Sandwell Youth Band hosting was in conjunction with the
Triangle Brass Band but I believe that the Little German Band
had as many of the Youth Band members at their homes as the
Triangle Brass did.  All of these groups (with the exception
of the Youth Band) were royally partied-to-the-point-of-
exhaustion and came away from their experiences in Raleigh
with high hopes of being able to "top" the hosting effort
when we came to see them.  It has led to some wonderful
contacts and friendships between the groups (and between
individual members of the groups) that have lasted many years.
The Sandwell Youth Band had a good time while they were with
us, as well, but laws in the US prohibit our giving beer
to anyone under the age of 21, so we had to be a little more
circumspect in how we hosted them.

Pardon the length of the post, but I wanted to give you some
idea of what kind of group we are -- fun-loving party animals,
to be sure, but we place a high value on playing good music
and providing a great party or concert environment.  Anyone
over in England want to get to know us better?

Thanks!

Connie Varner
Little German Band & Dancers
Triangle Brass Band