American Extravaganza

Dear all,

A friend and I are travelling across the USA this Summer (starting in mid July
probably). We are taking our cornets with us, and hope to find some bands (of
any sort really: brass, wind, etc.) to play with on our way from New York to
L.A. Are there any American bandsmen on the list who could help us out?

In addition, I am wondering what the American attitude to buskers is. We both
play in a Championship section band in the UK, and we were hoping to earn a
bit of money by trotting out "Carnival of Venice" etc. on street corners and
in shopping malls across America...

Any information would be appreciated,

Cameron Mabon
City of Oxford Band