very very bad planning!

OK I admit I am a Man U supporter but on the night in question my best friend
Jill (also on this list) and I were attending a concert at the MEN arena (v v
close to Old Trafford) watching the Mavericks.

By the time we got out of the concert having had an extremely good day we
were met by thousands of very happy M U supporters. They were hanging out of
the sun roofs and windows of cars, walking down the middle of the road
singing and drinking.

Cars were driving along with people sat on their bonnets - as a result of
which someone drove into the back of me. We were so frightened inside the car
that we didn't dare get out and inspect the damage, instead we chose the safe
option and managed to get the registration number of the offending car
instead.

My car was in danger from overheating - so much so that I had to put the
heater on full blast to try and cool the engine down. As we didn't dare open
the windows we were left sweltering. It took two hours to get out of
Manchester City centre and we weren't even sure we'd got the right motorway!

Needless to say we managed to make it home safely eventually, but next time I
go to a concert I'll make sure that there are no big matches on aswell.

I just have to say how glad I am that they won - god knows what would have
greeted us if they'd lost.
Cheers

Jacque
KLBB