We acheived - not too good!

Is it not just a real downer when you think you have done well at a contest -
to find out that you are nowhere in the frame?

We thought we had provided a varied entertaining programme at Ripon Cathedral
Entertainment Contest to be awarded 4th place out of 9.

But what the hell, we entertained ourselves, and we enjoyed the day - is that
not what we endeavour to do.

Excuse me for blurting out - (too many pints of Theakston's Old Peculiar -
somebody  said it was Theakston's OP Day today and I believed them!) - but we
have to vent the frustration somewhere.

There will always be next year - we seem to tell ourselves every time we
don't do as well as we expect - but we had a laugh about it on the way back.

Bloody good day though
All the best
Simon Harrison
Kirkby Lonsdale Brass Band