Re: Whit marches

Could somebody please explain to this uninformed antipodean drummer, (and I
suspect a whole lot of others), what are the Whit Friday Marches.
Also, what exactly is a Manchester United?
Is it an insurancecompany?
What is it united with?
I know I've seen the name somewhere before and I think it may have been
during an ad break, whilst I was watching a game of Australian Rules
Football on TV. :-)
Johnboy