Cantium Brass Whit Friday Weekend

Hi all,

Firstly, may I thank Nigel for this wonderful List, without it, we would
never had met such a lovely and enthusiastic group of bandies.

May I take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for helping
Cantium Brass this weekend. From the many emails received, I take it you all
had a thoroughly good time and I can assure you, we did too. You will all be
pleased to know, we secured a 2nd Prize at Greenfield.

We have already made our reservation at the Grains Bar Hotel for the 2000
Whit Friday Contest and have extended our weekend to include the Thursday
evening prior to the March. This will allow our Driver the full quota of
hours and enable the band to compete at many other venues, maybe we will try
the Tameside venues as well next year.

If anyone is interested in joining us once again, please let me know.

We are currently in the process of organising a tour abroad to commemorate
the year 2000 and the band's 114th Birthday. If we need any deps, you will be
our first port of call.

I hope you have recovered from your hangovers and are nicely refreshed for
whatever the week has in store. Keep in touch and if ever you are in our neck
of the woods, please email me and we will make you more than welcome down
South.

Bridgette Goold
Signing off from a very hectic but absolutely fabulous weekend.

P.S. BigChap, you will be pleased to know that David will be taking remedial
classes to improve his general Brass Band knowledge!

P.P.S. Old Mother Riley is pining for David and can't wait to see him next
year.

P.P.P.S. BTW, it's Clair without an "e"