Re: Whit marches

Martyn Pattinson,
Thanks for your explanation re Whit Marches.
Do these marches take the form of a street march or are they choreographed
or diagram marches?
Being an old traditionalist I have always thought of marching as being an
integral part of banding, particularly as I had the good fortune to play and
march with one of Oz's
best , Melbourne Tramways, back in the 80's.
The Kiwis always seemed to excell and a particularly enjoyable memory is the
1980 NZ Nationals at Christchurch.
Can any of the Kiwi list members tell me what ever happened to Jack Elliot,
percussionist with the NZ Army Band and a real character?
Johnboy.