Whit Friday Marches

All,

Having read the comments about the marches last Friday I thought I would add
some comments of my own. Going to the marches has been one of my ambitions
for quite a while now and I finally managed to achieve it on Friday when I
guested with Wantage Silver. I had a fantastic day - the atmosphere was
brilliant - it's just one of those things that you "Have to be there" to
really appreciate what brass banding is all about.

Despite it taking hours for us to get there and hours to get back again it
was really worth making the journey from "Down South" to "Up North" just to
take part in this great event. There are few bands in the London and
Southern counties area who go up to the marches for one reason or another
and all I can say is that they really don't know what they are missing out
on. Watching "Brassed Off" is one thing but actually taking part is
something else! I'm really looking forward to it next year!

Many thanks to everyone at Wantage Silver who made Friday such a memorable
day.

Alistair

Alistair Richards
Principal Cornet
Ellesborough Silver
(and part time Whit Friday Flugel - Wantage Silver)