Re: Cantium Brass Whit Friday Weekend

Brassedoff wrote:
> May I take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for
helping
> Cantium Brass this weekend. From the many emails received, I take it you
all
> had a thoroughly good time and I can assure you, we did too. You will all
be
> pleased to know, we secured a 2nd Prize at Greenfield.

This may be a little late to be truly 'current', but it's taken me all this
time to be able to focus on my PC screen!!  I want to give a HUGE thank you
to all at Cantium Brass for a great weekend - I've always wanted to attend
the Whit Friday Marches, and you made that into a reality with great gusto!

For anyone who's ever 'fancied having a go' ..... don't put it off another
year - it really is an event that you need to experience first hand -
fantastic atmosphere created by the audiences, amazing organisation by the
Whit Friday committees - nothing quite like it anywhere else in the world
me thinks!

It was so good, a group of us who helped out Cantium are setting up a new
band especially for next year - Wuss Brass 2000
(there's a story to the name isn't there Bigchap!!).  Before I get flamed
etc ... I'm not trying to compete with any of the outstanding work that's
going into Cyberband 2000 or bands like Cantium who benefited from the
brilliant facilities this list provides ... I just think there are enough
players out there to make room for maybe just one more
'alternative' to compete in the Whit Friday marches!!!  We're also trying
to incorporate the Saturday Beer Walk into the weekend - so even if you
can't play, there's plenty of room for cross-dressing beer-swillers who
fancy raising some money for charity without having to try too hard!

Thanks again to Cantium, and especially Bridgette Goold (or is it with a
'u'?!) for a great weekend!

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-On-Sea Co-Operative Band (mainly)
Wuss Brass 2000 (hopefully! - CODB - that's for Bruce Jones!)

PS: Ron, the honoury listmember (honoury by nature that he doesn't have a
computer) says thanks too!!