Re: American Extravaganza

In a message dated 6/3/99 4:39:44 AM, lobrass2@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<A friend and I are travelling across the USA this Summer (starting in mid
July
> probably). We are taking our cornets with us, and hope to find some bands
(of
> any sort really: brass, wind, etc.) to play with on our way from New York to
> L.A. Are there any American bandsmen on the list who could help us out?>>

Linda and Norm:

When you hit the Chicago area, you are more than welcome to sit in with
Prairie Brass Band and Palatine Concert Band.  In fact, Prairie could use a
couple good cornet players on a permanent basis; maybe we'll get the
Immigration guys to keep you here for a while...    :)

Seriously, Prairie rehearses on Thursday evenings in Arlington Heights, which
is about 15 miles northwest of Chicago.  Please see our website, listed
below, for more information.  Palatine rehearses on Tuesday evenings.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Kindest regards,
Steve Marcus (SEMarcus@xxxxxxx)
BBb Bass, Prairie Brass Band (http://www.prairiebrass.org)
Principal Tuba, Palatine Concert Band
http://members.delphi.com/stevemarcus/index.html
Director of Sales, THE BEAUTIFUL SOUND, INC.  (630) 325-9999  (Steinway Piano
	Dealer)
http://www.qrsmusic.com/mrktng/dealers/Beautsound/BeautSound.htm