Fwd: Request for Whit Friday results

In a message dated 04/06/99 23:53:21 GMT Daylight Time, I wrote but was lost
in the list crash:

<< In a message dated 04/06/99 23:12:37 GMT Daylight Time,
wspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

 << Would someone please tell me something about the "Navigation" band.  They
  seem to have been extremely successful but I have never heard of them.  Or
  have I?  Am I right to think that there is a Navigation Inn at Dobcross or
  Delph or the like?  Has a band been cobbled together under it's name?
  Sounds like fun, but what is the situation here?  Are there any rules for
  these contests?  Is there actually a contest on the face of this earth where
  people can get together for the fun of it on the day.  This talk of Cyber
  Band and Wuss Brass makes me suspect as much.  Can I be in it too? >>

  Whit Friday is primarily a contest for established bands. Ian Gibson
(landlord of the Navigation Inn in Dobcross(the Navi)) and Gilbert Symes put
together a high quality scratch band every year featuring legends of the past
with current UK top players who aren't other wise involved. They rehearse on
the Thursday night (and the Navi is normally a special place to be after that
rehearsal has finished).
 Dave Sheedy and Nigel have put together a mailing list band to compete next
year. The founding committee of KSK Wussbrass 2000 are hoping to put together
a band to also compete. We are hoping to arrange (and it is only at the
informal discussion (after alcohol) stage at the moment) a joint concert of
the 2 bands on the saturday at 'The Navi' where a large number of listmembers
would be able to get together before the traditional beer walk.
 Whit Friday is, therefore, a series of contests where scratch bands can
compete on level terms with established bands.
 Dave and Nigel can be reached at their normal, well known, addresses if you
wish to be considered for Cyber Brass. Alternatively write to me or Clair
Tomalin (another regular contributor to the list) if Wuss Brass takes your
fancy.

 Martyn Pattinson
 Bedworth Brass
 Cantium Brass (occasionally)