Re: Rhapsody In Blue

Hi Keith!

I see you worked out how to send the message to the Brass Band list.  You
probably will get a bunch of replies asking you to to "turn off the HTML"
though. It appears your default settings are wrong, and you are sending a
bunch of codes with the message that mess up some of the e-mail packages.
Hence the garbage you see at the end of the note.

To fix this, I think you do the following.  I'm getting the instructions
from Outlook 97 on my machine, and I think Phil put Outlook 98 on yours, and
this part is PROBABLY the same.  If the instructions don't make sense, let
me know.

>From your top tool bar pick "Tools", then "options".  Click on the "send"
tab.  The 2 buttons sets of buttons should be on "plain text" instead of
HTML, change if needed.  Then click "settings" beside the "plain text"
button under the "mail sending format" heading.  The button which says
"Uuencode" should be selected, not "Mime".  I think this is where your
problem is.  Then just hit OK as needed till the boxes are closed.

See you tonight!

Mary Ellen