Re: Bourgeois - Concerto for Brass Band No 1

Hi Jeremy,

I've been waiting for someone else with superior knowledge to reply to this
one, but as no-one has here goes!
I remember we attempted this piece in rehearsals at London Collegiate Brass
with Gregson back in the late 70s. All I can recall is that it was in a very
scrawly manuscript, it went on for ages, it was a real "lip-bender" and it
contained some fantastically well-written episodes...real hooligan music!
Was there a brilliant fugue section in twelve-eight?
We never got to grips with it properly.
It should sort them out!

Andy callard
http://freespace.virgin.net/andy.callard/index.htm