Great American Brass band Festival

I had the pleasure of attending this festival this past weekend in Danville,
Kentucky with the Canadian Staff Band. What an incredible time! Two days of
outdoor brass music with crowds of about 30,000.

We were graciously hosted by Dr. Ron Holz at Asbury College, and had the
opportunity to renew acquaintances with groups such as the Illinois Brass
Band. They sported great matching polo shirts and shorts which made us a
little envious as we played in our heavy uniform pants. There were also
military bands, jazz groups, and small brass ensembles. There were just so
many awesome players. One of the highlights was hearing Scott Hartman
(founding trombone player of Empire Brass and member of Brass Band of Battle
Creek). He was incredible in Pryor's "Thoughts of Love".

Everyone was so friendly. I am very pleased to say that there was no
animosity or competitiveness between the groups. It was just a great
opportunity to hear and play brass music and enjoy the company of like
minded individuals.

Hats off to the organizers for a top class event. It would be great to see
one of the top English bands attend this one year.

Craig Lewis
CSB & MTB