Re: Part III of an American perspective - The All England Master

Mary Ellen

Many thanks for your 'outsider's' perspective on Whit Friday and
the Masters - you've really got me thinking about one or two
things that maybe we take for granted.

> Why does everyone in Yorkshire call you LUVY?

Can't help you there...but it isn't a proposition!

> What do you call a sheep that falls over when its fur is wet and gets
>  stuck and cant get up?

A 'riggwelter' - from the Viking word which means: a sheep that falls
over when its fur is wet and gets stuck and can't get up.

David