Re: Where are our concerts?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Dyson <richard.dyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>As announced on this mailing list I have recently set up the Brass Band
>Concert Diary at www.dalgetybay.freeserve.co.uk

Brilliant!  I'll be using it.

>However, in 11 days I have only received submissions from 9 bands.

11 days is not long.  I, for instance, have been on holiday (yes, that's why
it's been so quiet!!) - and I'm sure others are away too.  It takes time and
a bit of persistence to get the ball rolling with stuff like this.  Keep
plugging it (if Nigel will let you of course!) and eventually the penny will
drop and it will start to be used.  I'll stick a link on our site in the
next couple of days.

>This seems to suggest four things;
>1. There are very few Brass Band Concerts in the world - not likely

Well it is getting towards summer...

>2. Brass Bands do not want a way to promote themselves for FREE

Oh yes they do - for instance our local BB Association (WMBBA) will
advertise concerts for free in their newsletter, if only you will tell them
about it!

>3. The Internet is not a way to be noticed - in which case why do we come
on
>here and get e-mails?

Hmm... tricky one, that - beats me!  I think it's an alternative to having a
life ;-)

Cheers,
Jud
PS Richard, please send your mailings in plain text!!!