Re: NZ Championships

HI Matt

> Hello John please let us know about the tactics of this Aussie band,
> Most people would be interested to know what went on!!  I have heard
> rumours about Frank Renton talking to the conductor of the band, and
> being very dissapointed with his attitude!
>
> anyone got any comments??

Tactics? Thinking about this, I feel it wasn't that. It seems more like
their natural selves, you know, rude, obnoxious.....typical of these
bastards! One thing in their favour, they DIDN'T punch a tuba player in the
ribs as they lined the corridor.

First thing, the Federal Band was in the warm up room warming up, as you do.
Then like nothing, this band simply walks in, unloads thier stuff and just
hang around chat. Some members of my band were appauled and one person has
never seen anything like it. After we finished our own choice (Year of the
Dragon) we walked off and past that band lining the corridor. What I didn't
know, is that the first couple of people from my band while going off, were
met with a few "other band" members reciting the first 5 notes of the
Dragon, basically giving us a dig in the ribs because we didnt' make a good
start.

Doesn't really matter now. Nothing could be more sweeter, than the current
Australian Champions, acting their usual bastard selves, not even being able
to beat 2 Queensland bands. And no, i'm NOT putting down QLD band either.
Dont' forget Brisbane XLCR were 2nd in the own choice.

I don't know that bit about Frank Renton and the Hawthorne conductor. But
what you have said wouldn't suprise me in the least.

That's enough about that for now until "their" next installment.

John Szkutko