pro's

Sam Harrison wrote:
> Also just somthing else to add. YBS had Martin Winter play for them (who
> was in my opinion class) however he is a professional musician. What do
> people think about bands using professional musicians at contests?

I may have missed some of this thread but I assume you're talking about
paying an outside professional musician  to play in a contest at very short
notice, like an emergency.  I'm surprised this is allowed.  I'm no expert in
the rules of contests here but I do believe that an emergency permit player
must be a registered player in a registered band, regardless of whether they
are professional muso's or not.

I don't think any players get paid for playing in registered brass bands
down here, apart from helping out for concerts etc. but certainly not for
contests.  If they do get paid, I've obviously been playing in the wrong
bands.

Roy,
Eupho, Dandenong Band.

Roy Taylor