BORROWED PLAYERS

Hi everyone!

On the subject of borrowed players and expenses, do bands have set amounts
which they are prepared to pay out to a borrowed player?

Do you arrange with a dep before the job how much you are prepared to pay?

Is there a going rate?

Should soloists arrange their own deps and pay them from their retainer?

I always find this difficult with bands, how much do you ask for? You never
know if you are asking too much or if a band would have paid more. I always
feel really awkward especially when bands try and avoid paying you. (But I
remember and when they ask again I'm always too busy!) Having said that I
will try and help out local lower section bands whenever I can and I don't
expect to be paid.

I would find it easier if when a band booked you they arranged the fee with
you, or had a standard fee plus travelling expenses.

I would be interested to hear what other people think? Well I'm always
interested in other peoples thoughts. Do other people find this an awkward
subject?

Sam
Flugel@BT Band