Re: BORROWED PLAYERS

     In our band we have been charged extortionate amounts of money as we
     are a championship section band and people perceive that we have money
     available.  The truth is we have no money as we are not sponsored and
     rely on money from concerts etc for our revenue.  Once borrowed
     players "dip" into this pot the band suffers.  Accordingly we now have
     a fixed rate for borrowed players and this is communicated to them
     upon booking.

     On a personal nature, if a band has asked me to play and some of their
     players have help my band out previously and not "ripped" us off then
     I charge a very small amount for petrol only.

     We tried a reciprocal arrangement with one of the local unsponsored
     bands who were also struggling for money, whereby the players got paid
     petrol money only and neither band had to take too much money out of
     the concert fee.

     Regards

     Janet
     Besses