RE: BORROWED PLAYERS

I help out a lot of local bands regularly in any section but mainly 2nd to
championship. I *never* accept money, I normally just ask for a pint as a
way of thanks. Normally the payment is taken to be the old 'you scratch my
back and I'll scratch your's' routine.

We've recently signed a good bass player from a band that payed him a
retainer. He came to us because although he now has to pay subs, our
standard is just as good as his old band and he now has the social side as
well. He was only in the other band so he could pay his rent when he was a
student.

IMHO banding is a hobby. Unless the band has heavy sponsorship you should
*never* get paid. This is 100% true in our band, we all turn up for the
sheer enjoyment.

Gav