Re: Wuss Brass 2000 Website ..... 2nd time lucky

Andy Lincoln wrote:
> isn't the whit friday's something to do with a religious festival
> (whitsuntide)??. ...each church had a parade
> led by a band, and it developed from there.

I continue to be enlightened - thanks for your comments about the Wuss
Brass 2000 website:
http://www.justselect.co.uk/wussbrass2000  (just in case you've missed it
before!)

You'll notice that the section that discusses the Whit Friday Marches has
got a sub-heading of: "(Explanation derived from chats with some supportive
locals and what I grasped from participating at the 1999 Event myself!)",
in an attempt to cover myself from any such c***k ups!!.  The information
about the cricket matches was right from the horses mouth of a very
supportive local gentleman ..... he's most probably sitting at home now,
having a huge chuckle to himself about how he managed to completely mislead
a Southerner!!!

Any bonafide information to the background of the Whit Friday Marches would
be much appreciated ...... if only so I can put the chap straight next
year!!!

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-on-Sea Co-Operative Band (Mainly)
Avelely & Newham (Regularly ... that's what marriage is about isn't it?!)
Wuss Brass 2000 (Annually ... if I survive 2000!)
Email: c.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ#:  21868132