Re: Brassed Off Music

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 at 14:47:40 +1000, Vicki Aumann wrote:
> I know I'm a bit behind the times in replying to this (but I have just had a
> baby last week!!).

Congratulations! Have you missed any band rehearsals?

> My husband also was interested in getting this arrangement after hearing
> Grimethorpe.  We found out it was a once off arrangement for them and not
> published (or something like that).  Anyway, it is an arrangement from a guitar
> solo and we found the guitar solo and piano accompaniment in a music shop.  If
> you're a budding arranger or transcriber or transposer you could try using
> that.  From what I could tell from the music it was pretty close to the flugel
> solo.

If you are, then it's probably worth looking out the full score, since
it's a concerto for guitar and orchestra. Also bear in mind that the
original music is still be in copyright. (Is Rodrigo still alive? A
reference dated 1996 says '1901-', so he's doing quite well.)

Ian