Re: Pershore Midsummer Brass

robert.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< For anyone who was there, was the
 Leisure Centre used too, or have the acoustics finally taken their toll?
 Is Gordon Hartley-Bennett still driving it from behind the scenes as he
 always used to?>>
The leisure centre was dropped a few years ago, problems with access from the
Angel if I remember correctly. GHB is still very much in control.

 <<There used to be 2 main highlights: Bretforton ending the day at the
 Angel Inn, and Banks's Brewery closing the main programme in the Abbey.
 It was a real shame that these events coincided.>>
There are now 5 championship section bands but all other sections are still
well represented. Rolls Royce finished in the Abbey (long after I had
repaired to the Angel) and Lydney in the Marquee.

 <<How was the weather this year?>>
Sunny as always.

<< And was there the entertaining spectacle
 of watching brass players run from one venue to another because there
 was another concert starting in 10 mins time?>>
Things are far more organised these days. The schedule runs to time!

 <<Robert Lynch (rarely known as "Bob") >>

I'm sure it used to be Rob in the Bankss days but no offence intended<G>!

Martyn Pattinson
Bedworth Brass