RE: Midlands Area Championship

Is this the same dire venue at which we playing in for the Finals? Hmm, I just love logical decisions....

----------
From: BigChap27@xxxxxxx[SMTP:BigChap27@xxxxxxx]
Reply To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 06 July 1999 18:40
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Midlands Area Championship

Those readers in the UK should, by now, know that the above contest has been
moved from it's dire Nottingham venue to Burton Town Hall and a college
venue. Whatever they're like, they must be an improvement on the old venue.
At pershore on saturday, one of my mates who is normally a good source of
gossip, told me that the last straw for the area committee was when the
"issue of health and safety (at the old venue) was raised on the internet".
Has this maillist actually played a part in getting the venue changed? If so,
Jeremy Wise, Dave Deakin, Rob Green and the other contributors who raised the
particular point ought to stand up and take a bow!

Martyn Pattinson
Bedworth Brass