Re: Newcastle Contest Result

> Newcastle Upon Tyne Brass Challenge Contest
> Sunday 4th July 1999.
> 1st  Ever Ready Band 179pts
> 2nd Fishburn 178pts
> 3rd Stocksbridge 176pts
> 4th Newcastle Brown Ale n/k pts
> 5th Easington Colliery Band n/k pts

Yes, well done to Ever Ready! We (Greggs) won section B and Westoe
won section C. What a shame the turnout was so low in section B (just
one band!) with such a large amount of prize money. Whether the
contest takes place again is in the balance I think. If a band only
has 15 players available, why don't they turn out anyway if there are
only 2 bands in a section and they are guaranteed at least £200? I
think we all had a good day anyway! As usual it was my lot that were
left propping up the bar long after the Ever Ready lightweights had
gone home!

Oh and another thing, if you live in the Tyne Tees area look out for
Greggs band on North East Tonight at 17:30 tommorow on ITV.
John Ingman
b.a.ingman@xxxxxxxxx