Re: Pershore Midsummer Brass

-----Original Message-----
From: BigChap27@xxxxxxx <BigChap27@xxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, July 05, 1999 10:52
Subject: Pershore Midsummer Brass

>Just got back from the 10th Pershore festival. IMHO this is one of the best
>brass band days out of the year. It is still one of the UK's best kept
brass
>band secrets but it provides a wonderful opportunity for bands of all
>sections to play in a marquee and then abbey setting in a non-competitive
>environment. I heard fine performances from Flowers (Gloucester) band
>(thoroughly enjoyed the new trombone solo called Twister written by Paul
>Lovatt Cooper from Faireys and played as impressively as ever by Brett
>Baker), Staffordshire BS (great arrangement of a theme from 'Return of the
>Jedi'), and well played and enjoyable performances from Stourport, Group 4
>Winchcombe, Avonbank & Arrow Valley. My own attempts to derail the
>performance of Dudley Metropolitan Training Band (35 years old going on 14)
>will, i hope, go largely unnoticed.

Martyn-

I'm sure I speak for all at Arrow Valley when I say thanks for the
compliment!

Incidentally, a number of us commented on the quality of the playing from
Dudley Training Band, and the other junior bands who performed at Pershore.
All of the younger players (and their helpers!) on Saturday should be
justifiably proud of some excellent performances.