reply to umpteen emails

I was taught using the 'no-pressure' system- nearly bust my teeth a
couple of times,but even after a 10year lay-off and less than regular
practice now I can still shoot around nearly five octaves  on the euph
(just a bit more practise and I'll hit that last few notes up the top).

I was also treated to the 'standing on the diaphram' game and the
bouncing of footballs/medicine balls - the musculature plays hell with a
lady's waistline <grin>
Ruined most of the training by smoking - I only know of one brass player
to succumb to lung cancer but loads who keel over after 15 seconds on a
sustained note! (Consequently I try not to smoke in front of the kids in
band I don't want them getting the idea that it's ok and won't do any
damage).

I use capella for writing out/checking music. I haven't upgraded yet but
find it covers most of my needs.

Someone asked where the players from the Granada Contest went -
Most of those I know from the early to mid '80's have retired or hit
sobriety<g>.  I foun it rather disconcerting to not recognise ANYONE
down at the Desford band (who won the Granada - what 1983?).  And I must
be getting old 'cause not one of the current players look much above 18
years old!
William Davies disbanded and Unity have taken over their rehearsal rooms
(but sadly, none of their players)

Fran
--
AOL IM 'comhairle'	      ICQ 40615238