Re: Notation Editors

Noteworthy Composer ( http://www.ntworthy.com ) and Mozart (
http://www.mozart.co.uk ) are both excellent value in the 30 - 40 stlng
range.  Both have their limitations:

Noteworthy can't handle multi-bar rests (you have to use a series of whole
bar rests) and the notation of dynamics is not very well supported.
 However it does have a MIDI input facility, can import MIDI files and
handles lyrics very well.  Future development of Noteworthy can be
influenced by the users (via a Wish List on the web site) and frequent
upgrades are available at no extra cost.

If I recall correctly Mozart can only use one key for the whole score which
makes printing parts for Eb instruments a real pain and it can't import
MIDI files.  But Mozart does have reasonable dynamics notation

. . . . . . I think you really have to try the demo versions to see how the
limitations might affect the way that you want to work.

Capella is a more complete package and seemed to offer a solution to all
the above problems, but last time I looked it was considerably more
expensive (130 stlng I think) and in my hands a little less intuitive to
use.  And once you've got the software that suits you then you'll want a
decent sound card with sound fonts that will make your music sound like a
real brass band . . . it can become a very expensive pastime!

I hope this helps.

Don Cooper
Glossop Band