Rodrigo - Copyright

Hi Folks,

Just back from hols and saw the various messages about the above, and am
surprised not to have seen any complete(ish) reply, so I had a look in our
library and made some enquiries.

There appear to be two arrangements of the second movement, the one we have
is not a solo and the theme appears to go round the different principal
instruments. It was arranged by Darrol Barry, is called 'Arunjuez Mon
Amour', and was published by Studio Music with an arrangement copyright date
of 1981.

The other arrangement is a Flugel solo and we don't have it in our library,
but I know that Hadstock band have it and their sop player, John Green, is
on the list I believe, so come on John break your duck and let us have
details of the arrangement. This is not the same arrangement as used in the
film, but it can't be that far removed can it?

Now for the bad news, both the above arrangements are out of print and it
appears that copyright permission has been withdrawn so they cannot be
reprinted, and the film version has not been released for publication - it
might be soon I suppose, probably at an inflated price!!!

I imagine that that leaves us in the position that any band with a legal set
of either of the above arrangements can continue to use them, or could lend
or sell them to another band, but any band that doesn't possess them can no
longer obtain them. Under the new copyright legislation the piece will not
emerge into the public domain until 2069, by which time the film will
probably have been forgotten!!

Cheers

Rod G