Re: Brass Band Sound Font

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 at 18:17:29 +0100, Hilary Mateer wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can obtain realistic brass band sounds for
> midi?
> At the moment I can only find orchestral brass instruments which means
> that sop, cornets, flugel, tenor horns and baritone never sound right on
> midi arrangements.

I don't know of such a thing, but we (the brass-band list) are probably
in the best position to make one.  Here's an offer: If people on the
list can submit samples (we need to think how many of each instrument)
I'll make them up into a sound font. [Are there different versions? I'm
using an AWE32].

If anyone would like to participate in this, please contact me
privately; I'll summarise to the list.

My experience of existing brass samples on sound cards is that if I ever
made that sort of noise in a band, the MD would descend on me like a ton
of bricks :-)

Ian