Re: Brass Band Sound Font

> I don't know of such a thing, but we (the brass-band list) are probably
> in the best position to make one.  Here's an offer: If people on the
> list can submit samples (we need to think how many of each instrument)
> I'll make them up into a sound font. [Are there different versions? I'm
> using an AWE32].

There are plenty of sound samples, some for brass instruments such as flugels,
at the sampleNet home page, http://www.samplenet.co.uk. You should be
able to assemble a sound font from these. I did start to assemble one from
these samples, using Waveit Gold to do the hard work, but never got
around to finishing.

Yes there are different versions, but only two as far as I know. Vienna
sound font editor should be able to read either, the AWE64 gold that I have
can read either format.

I for one would welcome such a font, but by definition it'll never sound
exactly like a band so don't expect it to.

> Ian

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325