RE: Finals disqualifications

jeremy.wise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I really cannot see
 why on earth the NCC can't ring the bands and say ' we don't have your
 form - closing date for entries is 3 days'. >>

Martyn said:

Here Here. Once again the honest endeavours of 75 or so musicians in March
will not be rewarded. I appreciate that organisation of contests is a time
consuming task but surely (as with the BTM case earlier in the year also) it
is incumbent on the organisers to be a little more proactive. The contests
will also be poorer for the loss of bands that qualified to be there.

I no longer have any sympathy for any bands concerned with NCC rule
breaches, particularly in this instance, 3 months to enter a contest and it
arrives late, that's a joke for a start. Then you expect the organisers to
start making telephone calls to chase the entries, get real. Do these bands
not have their own committee meetings at which they can ask the secretary if
the entry has been sent. How many people in your band clamouring to be
allowed to do the secretaries job, never mind organising a national contest.

After the fiasco last year Andy Wooler asked for support to get various
rules changed, and how many people out of this list do you suppose answered
that call?
Well according to the letter I got back from the NCC, one, me. So obviously
some of you like sending e-mails to the list, but when it comes down to it,
your not up for it, it's just a lot of hot air. You know the rules, either
abide by them and stop whinging, or take positive steps to initiate change.

Cheers

Grandad