Re: Finals disqualifications

I am a former member of one of the bands hit by the NCC decision to done a
cap with 'Jobs Worth' clearly embossed on the front and upset over 70
players and associated supporters with a pathetic interpretation of 'rules'.

I am a former member of the brass band movement that has been hit by
unnecessary bureaucracy and a problem that could have been resolved by
several phone calls.

To suggest that rules are rules and comparison with road traffic violations
is fine.  However, does every car that is stopped for speeding get a ticket
and fine - no, because Policemen apply common sense to the circumstances.

I  allegedly hear that the alternative bands taking part were asked to do so
by telephone - at least initially.  If this is the case I hope written
acknowledgements have now been obtained by the NCC!

So, now we have a final where the 'also rans' take part.  What sort of final
is that going to be?  Okay it is a competition, but that's it.  Will the
'also rans' feel the pride in attending as per a genuine result, or feel
they have just got there on a technicality?

As I said at the start of my rant, I am a former member of the brass band
movement.  I think I can see why.

Peter