National Finals

Further to the decision of the NCC and the article that appeared in the
Bandsman on the 24 July, Redbridge Brass have released the following
statement:

The band is bitterly disappointed to have been advised that they will be
unable to attend the National Finals in October. We do not dispute that
our letter confirming acceptance was not received by the deadline of 4pm
on Saturday 3 July. The band's manager was told by telephone at work on
Monday 5 July at 9.30pm that the deadline had passed and immediately
started a seven-hour round trip via his Hertfordshire home to drive to
Wales to deliver the form personally to Mr Morris's home address.
However, the press announcement appears to confirm that final decisions
have been made without Redbridge (or any other of the bands concerned)
being asked to make representations or to explain. We at Redbridge do
not wish to be contentious but we firmly believe that the NCC decision
is contrary to the letter and spirit of the rules.

As a band that has been fortunate enough to be regular attendees of the
National Finals we were looking forward to taking part in October.
Banding is a hobby, albeit one that at times takes a great commitment
and it is regrettable that what amounts to a very minor clerical error
is treated in this way. We are taking legal advice on our position.

Any communication regarding the statement should be referred to Lance
Christopher who can be contacted by telephone on 0171 353 3290 (day) or
0181 504 6545 (evenings), or by e-mail at
lance.christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx